Want to enjoy extra-features and tweaks on your Vivo V9? Custom ROM can entertain you with customized features along with customized UI. We will share one of the easiest procedure on this post to let you install the Custom ROM on Vivo V9.
Let’s get started!
Before going to install the Custom ROM on your smartphone, It is mandatory to implement the pre-requisites first. Onwards this, you will see the detailed guide on the installation process.
First of all, you should know what Custom ROM is Is? Pros and Cons of Custom ROM.
About Custom ROM
Custom ROM is the unofficial ROM that is developed and released by the Android developers on the basis of existing source code. Android is an open source platform, therefore it allows the developers to use the existing source code available on the Google. The developers makes modifications to the existing code and as a result of it, a new ROM came into existence with customized UI, extra-features, and tweaks. This is called Custom ROM.
Custom ROM gives you access to experience the latest version of Android OS in the form of unofficial ROM with more customization and features. If your particular smartphone model is not eligible for the latest Android update, then installing the custom ROM could be the only option left to enjoy the latest features. Just simply search on the Google for the correspondence Custom ROMs based on the latest official Android OS for your smartphone model.
Every Android smartphones have their own corresponding Custom ROM build, Before making it to install on your smartphone you should first check whether the Custom ROM is compatible with their particular smartphone model or not.
Pros Of Custom ROM
- It allows you to experience the latest version of Android with more features and tweaks.
- You will be able to do endless customization accordingly.
- Provide you the early Android update, before the manufacturer reaches you out with an Official OTA update
Cons of Custom ROM
- Installing the custom ROM would void your phone warranty and you not be able to claim the warranty onwards.
- During the installation process, any wrong steps could brick your smartphone.
- It might also affect your smartphone abnormally, like battery drainage problem due to several non optimized features.
Guide To Install Custom ROM on Vivo V9
Carefully follow each and every step below and you might end up installing the Custom ROM successfully on your smartphone.
Before proceeding to install the custom, follow the below:
- Charge your phone at at least 60% or above.
- Make a complete backup of your important data. [Guide: How To Back-up Android Device]
- Unlocking the bootloader on your Vivo V9.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on your Vivo V9.
- Root your Vivo V9. How To Root Vivo V9 (Detailed Guide)
Steps To Install Custom ROM on Vivo V9 (TWRP Recovery)
Step 1: Turn OFF your phone. Now, boot your Vivo V9 into TWRP recovery mode by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you enter into TWRP recovery mode.
Step 2: Now, tap on the Wipe->Swipe to factory reset.
Step 3: Get back to the main menu, now tap on the “Install” option.
Step 4: After that, select the custom ROM zip file from the storage of your phone and then “Swipe to confirm Flash”.
Step 5: When the flashing process gets complete, go back and reboot your device.
Now, your smartphone phone will boot up with Custom ROM.
That’s you have successfully installed the Custom ROM your Vivo V9 smartphone. Do let us know, if you have any question related to installing the custom ROM.