Are you looking for a guide in which you can easily the steps to root your Vivo Y51l? If yes, then you are in the right place here. In this post, we will show how to root Vivo Y51l using simple steps. Further, follow this article and you will be able to root your Vivo Y51L.
There are many ways to root a particular Android smartphone. In case of Vivo Y51l also, you can follow any of the approach available.
But, in this guide we will follow the easiest of them that is based on how to root Vivo Y51l with PC. So, first of all let me briefly describe “rooting”.
What is Rooting?
Basically, It is the process in which the user get the complete hold of the Android smartphone. For example, when you root your device, you can access your smartphone completely.
- You can install the custom ROMs.
- Moreover, you can customize your smartphone accordingly.
- More features can be unlocked.
- Similarly, You can install custom tweaks.
All this can be done by rooting. Android is an open source project. It supports rooting, but with some constraints that are as follow:
- You will not be able to claim the warranty of your smartphone after warranty.
- Further, in case of any damage, user will be held responsible.
- The originality of your smartphone will be lost.
- If any unexpected thing happens during the rooting process, your smartphone might get brick.
Don’t worry, in case of any damage, you can still restore your smartphone by downloading and install the original firmware flash file. You can download and install the Original latest Vivo Y51l flash file from here.
Let’s head over to the guide where we will root Vivo Y51l using simple steps. But, before proceeding to the rooting process, you will need to follow the pre-requisites.
Guide on How To Root Vivo Y51l
It’s very simple and easy. All you need is to just follow the steps carefully and you might get your job done successfully.
- Charge your Vivo Y51l to at least 80%.
- Back-up your important data.
- Original cable required.
- Download Vivo Y51l USB Driver Latest. Download (For installation of the driver, click on this Tutorial).
- Download ADB & Fastboot Setup. Download (extract the folder and run the exe file. Follow the on-screen instructions).
- Download TWRP Toolkit For Vivo Y51l. TWRP Toolkit.
- Download SuperSU. Download
Easy Steps To Unlock The Bootloader and Installing TWRP on Vivo Y51l
- Download the TWRP toolkit from above and then extract it.
- Further, click on the Vivo Y51l toolkit.exe file located in that extracted folder.
- Once, It runs, then follows the on-screen instructions and you are good to go.
Also, if you want to manually unlock the bootloader and installing the TWRP on Vivo Y51l, then follow this complete guide. The same steps will work for Vivo Y51l to unlock the bootloader and installing TWRP.
Vivo Y51l Root: Easy Steps To Root Vivo Y51l With PC
Now, once you are done with the pre-requisites. Proceed to follow the below steps in order to root Vivo Y51l.
Step 1: Download the SuperSU from the above pre-requisites section.
Step 2: Connect your vivo Y51l to a computer and transfer the SuperSu to your phone storage.
Step 3: Now, turn your smartphone OFF. Press and hold the Power + Volume up buttons in order to boot your Vivo Y51l into TWRP recovery mode.
Step 4: Once, you are successfully into TWRP recovery. Go to “Back-up”, if you want to create a back-up. Otherwise, you can leave it, if you have made the back-up manually.
Step 5: Similarly, go to “Wipe” tab. Here, you will do a simple factory reset. No need to include other partitions.
Step 6: Finally, Go to the “Install” tab. browse and locate the SuperSU file in your phone storage and select it. Swipe to install it.
Step 7: Wait for the installation process to complete. Once, you are done with it successfully. Your device will boot automatically. If it’s not the case, then you can manually boot it.
Once, Your Vivo Y51l boots up, it will be rooted. You can check the root status by download and installing the root checker app from PlayStore.
About Vivo Y51l
Vivo Y51l made an entry in the market in 2016 January. Regarding the display, the phone features 5.0 inches screen. It supports 540×960 pixels resolution.
The phone runs on Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) with Funtouch OS 2.5. Moreover, the internal memory of the phone includes 16 GB with 2 GB RAM. It also support micro-SD card up to 128 GB.
It features 8MP primary camera with LED flash and 5MP secondary camera for selfies. The connectivity medium of the phone includes WLAN, Radio, Bluetooth, and GPS.
Vivo Y51l offers 2350 mAh battery. It is available only in one color that is White.
Price of Vivo Y51l in India is about 9,099 INR.
If you have any questions related to this post, then let us know in the comment section.